On a cold winter day, what you need is a nice warming soup. The following soup is easy to make, easy to digest and nutritious – perfect for the light evening meal.
Creamy Carrot and Spinach Soup
(for 2 people)
- 2 medium sized carrots, washed and chopped
- 200g fresh spinach or other greens, washed and chopped
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 1/2 tsp cardamom powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon BioAustria Organic Ghee (or you can make your own ghee)
- 1/3 cup of desiccated coconut
- 3 cups of water
- 1 tsp Rock or Sea Salt
- Some lime or lemon juice
- Ground black pepper or Kapha Spice Seasoning to taste
- Melt the ghee in a large saucepan and add the cumin and coriander seeds.
- Gently fry the seeds on medium-to-low heat until lightly browned.
- Stir in the cardamom and turmeric powder, then stir in the desiccated coconut.
- Add the chopped carrots and stir in for a minute or so.
- Add spinach, water and a little salt and bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat and cook for a little over 10 minutes.
- Place the soup in a blender or food processor and blend for about a minute or so.
- Serve hot and stir in a little lime or lemon juice to lift the taste.
- To create a bit more warming effect, sprinkle on some ground black pepper or Kapha Spice Seasoning.