Look More Beautiful as You Age
No matter what your age, you can keep your skin looking young by paying attention to the four pillars of youthful skin
- Nourish your skin all year round, from the inside and from the outside.
- Rehydrate your skin internally and externally — maintaining moisture balance is crucial.
- Detoxify from both the inside and outside to prevent the build-up of toxins and help keep skin clear and radiant.
- Practice stress management — stress is the number one enemy of youthful skin.
Nourish Your Skin
To nourish your skin from the inside, follow the Ayurvedic dietary guidelines for the season and your skin/body type
In addition, try adjusting your diet to become more skin-friendly:
- Eat plenty of sweet, juicy fruits, including a stewed apple or pear for breakfast, to enhance skin suppleness.
- Include a variety of whole grains in your diet (quinoa, couscous, millet, barley, amaranth, rye and wheat, rice and oats) to provide a variety of minerals and the full range of nature’s intelligence to your skin.
- Eat a variety of vegetables, cooked with skin-friendly spices such as turmeric, cumin and small amounts of black pepper. Green leafy vegetables provide fibre and nutrients such as iron and calcium, which help to nourish the blood and skin tissue.
- Eat light, easily-digestible proteins such as milk, lassi (yogurt blended with water and a dash of cumin and fresh mint), and panir (freshly-made cheese), as well as nourishing proteins such as mung dhal, which is helpful for all skin types.
- Take Amlaberry (MA1) tablets daily to support your skin with this sought after fruit. It is considered a powerful Ayurvedic elixir that promotes health, longevity as well as overall balance for the skin and body type.
Rehydrate Your Skin
For internal rehydration, drink more pure water; eat sweet, juicy fruits; and include moderate amounts of high-quality fats such as ghee or olive oil in your diet.
A completely fat-free diet is unhealthy for the skin, and diminishes both lustre and aura. But always cook fats with skin-friendly spices to improve digestion and absorption.
Vata skin types require more fat content in the diet because their skin tends to be naturally dry, and Kapha skin types require less because their skin naturally has relatively higher oil content.
Radiant Skin Oil
For external rehydration, massage daily before your bath or shower with the Radiant Skin Oil. Pure oils from almonds, wheat germ and sandalwood help to nourish the skin and support revitalisation. The abundantly rich Vitamin A content promotes regeneration of the skin. Fine aroma oils provide a mild, subtle fragrance. Highly concentrated, BDIH Certified Natural Cosmetic.
Facial skin can benefit from the deep-layer lipid support offered by the Radiant Skin Oil. Here’s a tip for fast, even, light application:
- Barely moisten your hands, then pour 3-4 drops of the oil onto one palm.
- Rub your palms together to spread the oil, then pat your palms on your face to apply the oil.
- Gently massage it in with your fingertips, using even, upward strokes.
Why not also consider Anti Age Facial Cream
This is a natural liquid crystal emulsion that forms a complete daily skin care treatment against wrinkles.
Formulated to combat the signs of ageing, it can counteract oxidative stress and free radical damage to the skin’s macrostructure.
It promotes the natural regeneration of the skin’s hydrolipid mantle. It stimulates the natural metabolic and enzymatic processes of the skin and its supporting structures.
This cream is recommended for mature skin but can also be used on younger skin as a preventative treatment against wrinkles and signs of ageing
Royal Milk Anti-Aging Skin Bath
This time-tested beauty aid was recommended by traditional royal physicians for the queens of India to enhance glow and lustre of the skin
- Mix a large quantity of 70% rolled oats, 10% Indian Sarsaparilla, 10% Marshmallow Root and 10% Rose Petals.
- Place two tablespoons of this mixture in the middle of a small square of cheesecloth, gather up the ends of the cloth, and tie with a string.
- Dip the cloth into warm milk and pat the entire body with the herbal sachet to deeply moisturize your skin.
Make enough mixture for one or two months and store in an airtight container.
The number one detoxification target should be the colon. If you have a problem with Apana Vata and are constipated, for instance, your skin will only become dryer and duller
Take daily walks, eat more fibrous foods, and drink plenty of water. If you still have irregular bowel movements, take Triphala with Rose (MA505).
The number one detoxification target should be the colon. If you have a problem with Apana Vata and are constipated, for instance, your skin will only become dryer and duller. Take daily walks, eat more fibrous foods, and drink plenty of water. If you still have irregular bowel movements, take Triphala with Rose (MA505).
To seasonally detoxify from within, take Detox (MA1010) along with Organic Genitrac – Rasayana for Vitality (MA2) for a two – four week period for 3 times of the year in April/May, August/September and December/January – whenever the seasons are in the process of changing: in the transition weeks between summer and fall, fall and winter, winter and spring, and spring and summer.
DISCLAIMER: The information in this document is presented for the sole purpose of imparting education on Maharishi AyurVeda and neither the information nor the products are intended to diagnose, treat, mitigate, cure or prevent any disease. If you have a medical condition, or are pregnant or lactating, please consult a health professional and it is recommended that you speak with your physician before making significant changes to your diet or routine.