Herbal Water Recipes
- Boil 2 litres of water for 5 minutes and pour into a thermos flask.
- Add the herb/spices and close the top to keep the aroma in.
- Strain out the herbs/spices out as you use the water.
- Discard the water after not more than 24 hours.
- Drink the water throughout the day - not too much at meals depending on how dry the food is. If the meal is spicy plain water may be better.
- Wait for 45 minutes after the meal, you may suddenly feel thirsty, and then it's a good idea to drink a lot of water as the body needs it for digestion.
All Recipes make approximately makes 2 Litres
For Improved Digestion
Roast 1 tsp. (level teaspoon) of whole Cumin just until it releases an aroma. Crush and add to the water.
Add 1/4 tsp. whole Cumin, 1/2 whole Coriander, 1/2 tsp. whole Fennel.
For Pacifying Vata
1/2 tsp. whole Cumin seeds, 1/2 tsp. Whole coriander seeds, 1/2 tsp. Fennel seeds, 3 pinches of Ashwagandha root powder, 1 pinch Whole-root liquorice pieces or powder. Drink warm.
For Pacifying Pitta
2 pinches of Indian Sarsaparilla powder, 1/4 tsp. Cumin seeds, 2 pinches of Liquorice pieces or powder, 1/2 tsp. fennel seeds, 1/2 tsp. Coriander seeds. Drink cool.
For Pacifying Kapha
2 thin slices of fresh Ginger root, 2 Basil leaves, 2 Whole cloves, 1/2 tsp. Whole cumin seeds, 2 pinches ;liquorice pieces or powder. Sip the water hot.
For Skin Moisturising/Hydrating
1/4 tsp. Marshmallow root, 2 pinches Indian Sarsaparilla, 2 leaves Basil, 1 Clove, 1 Black peppercorn.
For further information on internal cleansing including herbal supplements that support cleansing, download our health note: