How to Order and Pay
Discover how to make a purchase at Maharishi Ayurveda and the answers to any questions that you may have about contact, orders and delivery.
- How do I make a purchase?
- Do I have the right to cancel my order?
- What are your postage and packing charges?
- When will my order be shipped?
- What happens if my order is not in stock?
- Do I pay VAT?
- Customs duties
- Do you secure online payments?
- Do I have a customer guarantee?
- How do I contact you?
- Do you have a privacy statement?
- How do I return a product?
- What is your registered address?
How do I make a purchase?
- Browse our catalogue.
- Click the ADD TO CART button and enter the quantity you wish to order.
- After you have finished your selection, click on the MY CART or CHECKOUT links at the top of the page.
- Fill out a few details that we need to be able to satisfy your order.
- A copy of your order will be posted to your email address.
How do I Pay?
- With SagePay for VISA, MASTERCARD, MAESTRO credit and debit cards.
- With PayPal for PAYPAL, VISA, MASTERCARD, MAESTRO credit and debit cards.
- Pro-forma invoice to request an invoice and payment before delivery.
Can I cancel my order when the order arrives?
- You have the right to return or cancel your order for any reason. But there are some exceptions.
- If you don't like the goods or have changed your mind, you can cancel the order. This is usually within a fourteen-day 'cooling-off' period.
When can I cancel my order?
You can cancel at any time until:
- The end of the fourteenth working day after the day on which you receive your goods; or
- The end of the fourteenth working day after the day on which Maharishi AyurVeda Products agreed to go ahead with the product order. Please note that you might lose your right to cancel once the order is in process.
- You also have a further three months to cancel if you were not given all the necessary written information. If Maharishi AyurVeda Products gives you this information late - but still before the three months are up - you will have seven days to cancel from the day you receive that information.
How do I cancel my order?
- To cancel your order, you must tell the seller in writing - by letter, fax or e-mail.
- If sending a letter, send the letter by registered post, so you can prove that you sent it and track its progress.
Can I get a refund after cancelling?
- If you have already paid for the goods or services, we the seller must refund your money within 14 days of you cancelling the agreement.
- If you have paid for the goods by a credit agreement suggested or organised by the seller, the agreement will be automatically cancelled.
When can I not cancel my order?
Please note that there are circumstances when you cannot cancel unless Maharishi AyurVeda Products has given you a specific contractual right to do so.
We cannot refund or exchange personalised, perishable or time critical goods. Please see the following list for some non-exhaustive examples:
- Food, beverages and perishable goods when they have been opened and/or used.
- Beauty items including toiletries and cosmetics which have been opened, tested or partially used and which cannot be returned in the same physical state to which they were purchased.
- Audio or video recordings (unless they are returned with seal and packaging intact).
We cannot refund or exchange goods or services if:
- We, Maharishi AyurVeda Products has already started to provide the service within the cancellation period and you have agreed to this. You must have been told in writing - before Maharishi AyurVeda Products agreed to carry out the service - that you would then lose your right to cancel.
- You had the goods made to your specifications or personalised.
- The items are likely to go off or deteriorate quickly, such as flowers or fresh foods.
- The goods by their nature cannot be returned.
- They are newspapers, periodicals or magazines.
This does not affect your statutory rights.
- We charge a simple flat rate post and packaging charge for your order.
- Use the tables below to locate the country of your shipping address to find your postage rate.
- Tip: If you order from our online shop, post and packing charges are added automatically to your order.
- Example: Italy - post and packaging: GBP 18.50 or free if your order value is over GBP 250.00.
|Country:||3-5 Days||Next Day||Free Rate|
|Scottish Highlands & Islands: PH, PA, IV, KW, Hs, ZE||£3.75||£6.16||£80|
|Country:||Postage Rate||Free Rate|
|Republic of Cyprus||Enquire||£250|
|Country:||Postage Rate||Free Rate|
|Rest of the World||£25.00||£500|
Please specify and enquire.
For all clients requesting orders via the Royal Mail Service all goods are sent at the customers own risk. If the goods are lost in transit Maharishi AyurVeda will not replace them and resend the items. Maharishi AyurVeda Products have preferred couriers who provide email notification and on line tracking services. Royal Mail 1st Class services do provide a signed for service but do not provide on line services to the same standard.
When will my order be shipped?
- We will normally dispatch your order to you within 2-3 business days.
- UK orders should reach you within 5 working days.
- Orders outside the UK may take longer than 5 working days.
- If you require a quicker service, please ask when you place your order and we will advise you if there will be any extra charge.
What if there are missing items in my order?
Please be advised to check that all of your items ordered have arrived. In case of any discrepancies, please notify us within a maximum time of 7 days from receipt of your parcel/s.
- If your item is not in stock, we will back order for you, providing it is for only for United Kingdom shipping.
- It will be shipped immediately upon availability.
- Should you have to wait more than 30 days, we will contact you for further details.
- If we cannot supply your order, any payment made will be refunded in full.
- For orders made from the UK or the European Union, VAT is added at the current UK standard rate, except to goods which are zero-rated for VAT by the UK Government.
- If you are a members of an European Union state, and are VAT registered, you do not have to pay UK VAT.
- To request a VAT exempt order you must supply your VAT registration number at checkout or when you create your customer account.
- Our shop, will then validate your VAT number via the VIES VAT Number Validation Site and, if valid, automatically assign the correct VAT rules.
- It is the responsibility of all customers to investigate, establish and pay all regulatory costs associated with the importation of Maharishi Ayurveda Products.
- Ayurveda Limited will not accept any liability for importation costs or customs duty.
- When you buy an item on the internet from a country other than where you live, the item must be "imported" to you from that country.
- Ayurveda Limited always detail that your items price includes shipping and handling, remember that we are paying to package and send you the item from the UK to your address. But when the item arrives in your country the customs service, a government agency of your country, may charge you a customs fee on the item.
- We the 'seller' has no control over this and is very difficult to anticipate. These charges vary greatly.
- Customs duty is usually charged as a percentage of the value. The percentage varies depending on the type of goods and their country of origin. Duty is charged on the price paid for the goods including any local sales taxes plus postage, packing and insurance costs.
- Under international postal agreements we the 'sender' must complete a customs declaration which in most cases should be affixed to the package. The declaration includes a description of the goods, the value and whether they are gifts or commercial items.
Credit card security with Sage Pay
As a payment service provider (PSP), thousands of businesses outsource their transaction security to us. It is our top priority to ensure that your customers’ transaction data is kept secure at all times.
- Transaction security
All transaction information passed between merchant sites and Sage Pay’s systems is encrypted using 128-bit SSL certificates. No cardholder information is ever passed unencrypted and any messages sent to your servers from Sage Pay are signed using MD5 hashing to prevent tampering. You can be completely assured that nothing you pass to Sage Pay’s servers can be examined, used or modified by any third parties attempting to gain access to sensitive information.
- Encryption and Data Storage
Once on our systems, all sensitive data is secured using the same internationally recognised 256-bit encryption standards used by, among others, the US Government. The encryption keys are held on state-of-the-art, tamper proof systems in the same family as those used to secure VeriSign's Global Root certificate, making them all but impossible to extract. The data we hold is extremely secure and we are regularly audited by the banks and banking authorities to ensure it remains so.
- System security
Sage Pay’s systems are scanned quarterly by Trustwave which are an independent Qualified Security Assessor (QSA) and an Approved Scanning Vendor (ASV) for the payment card brands. Sage pay is also audited annually under the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS) and is a fully approved Level 1 payment services provider, which is the highest level of compliance. We are also active members of the PCI Security Standards Council (SSC) that defines card industry global regulation.
Credit card security with PayPal
The PayPal site is highly secure. We use industry-leading technology (such as SSL) to keep your information safe.
PayPal automatically encrypts your confidential information in transit from your computer to ours using the Secure Sockets Layer protocol (SSL) with an encryption key length of 128-bits (the highest level commercially available). Before you even register or log in to the PayPal site, our server checks that you're using an approved browser - one that uses SSL 3.0 or higher.
Once your information reaches the PayPal site, it resides on a server that is heavily guarded both physically and electronically. PayPal servers sit behind an electronic firewall and are not directly connected to the Internet, so your private information is available only to authorised computers.
What Makes the PayPal Site So Secure?
Our state-of-the-art fraud models and proprietary fraud engine work together to help stop fraudulent transactions before they happen. In addition, PayPal stays at the forefront of security, developing many anti-fraud technologies every year.
With PayPal, you've got the industry's most experienced fraud team on your side. PayPal processes billions of dollars in payments each year, allowing us to continually perfect our anti-fraud protections. As a result, PayPal's loss rate is significantly lower than the industry average. We also work with federal law enforcement to catch criminals.
PayPal is committed to protecting the privacy of our users. When you send or request money using PayPal, recipients never see your bank account numbers or credit card numbers. They only see your email address, date of sign-up, and whether or not you have completed PayPal's Verification process.
- All your orders are covered by the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000.
- Cooling off period - customers have 14 days to change their minds and return the goods for any reason, from the time they receive the goods.
- Payments of any due refunds, including postage, will be refunded within 14 days from the date of the order cancellation.
In addition we offer our 30 day, no quibble, return and refund guarantee
- Our aim to give clear information about our goods before you buy.
- Goods must be delivered within thirty days unless agreed otherwise.
- We normally dispatch within 5-7 working days, orders overseas may take longer.
- If we make a mistake with your order, we promise to take all reasonable steps to get your order right at no extra cost.
- If you are not completely satisfied with your order, we offer a 30 day, no quibble, return and refund guarantee.
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone UK: 01695 51015
- Phone International: 0044 1695 51015
- Fax UK: 01695 90517
- Fax International: 0044 1695 50917
Write to: MAP, Freepost 5128, Skelmersdale, Lancashire, United Kingdom, WN8 6UR.
Find us on Google Maps
Do you have a Privacy Statement?
- We, Ayurveda Limited, are committed to protecting the privacy of anyone using our site and the confidentiality of any information that you provide us with.
- The purpose of this statement is to set out how we use any personal information that we may obtain from you.
Are you registed under the Data Protection Act 1988?
- We are registered under the Data Protection Act and comply with the Act in all our dealings with your personal data.
Do you collect my personal information?
- In general you can visit our website without telling us who you are and without revealing any information about yourself.
- If, however, you use our site to request information, subscribe to publications or purchase products you will need to register and you will be asked to provide certain information such as your contact details.
- We will store this data and hold it on computer or delete the information at your written request.
We may use information that you provide:
- To fulfill your requests for products and services.
- To analyse the effectiveness of our website and product offers.
- To contact you about new products and special offers.
Do you share my personal information with anyone else?
- We will not share, pass on or sell your personal information to any other organization or individual.
Do you use 'Cookies'?
- Websites typically use session cookies to ensure that you are recognised when you move from page to page within one site and that any information you have entered is remembered.
- For example, if an e-commerce site did not use session cookies then items placed in a shopping basket would disappear by the time you reach the checkout.
- You can choose to accept session cookies by changing the settings in your browser.
- Cookies do not contain confidential information such as your home address, telephone number or credit card details.
- We do not exchange cookies with any third party websites or external data suppliers.
Will you protect my personal information?
- We endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information.
- However, we cannot guarantee the security of any data that you disclose on-line and we will not be responsible for any breach of security unless this is due to our negligence or willful default.
Do I have the right to see my personal information?
- You have the right to see personal data (as defined under the Data Protection Act) that we keep about you upon receipt of a written request.
- Any request should be sent to: Managing Director, Ayurveda Limited, Beacon House, Willow Walk, Skelmersdale, Lancashire, United Kingdom, WN8 6UR.
How do I cancel my subscription to your e-mail newsletter?
- If you have subscribed to our e-mail newsletter but no longer wish to receive, please follow the "unsubscribe" instructions contained in the newsletter.
- At Maharishi Ayurveda Products we want you to be completely satisfied when shopping with us which is why we inspect your order carefully before shipping it to you.
- If a product did not meet your expectations or you are not satisfied with a purchase you may return the product for a replacement or a refund within 30 days of the receipt of your order.
- Ayurveda Limited. Beacon House. Willow Walk. Skelmersdale. Lancashire. United Kingdom. WN8 6UR.
- Company registration number: 02167993
- VAT registration number: GB 456 0841 45
- General Manager: UK 01695 51015 (outside UK 0044 1695 51015)